Saturday, June 5, 2010

Vegetarian Alcoholic!

What is normal in one world is rather strange in another. Our world views influence normalcy. Hence, a vegetarian who does not mind an occasional glass of wine is considered part of the norm in urban India and is a bit of an oddity in the west. France and Belgium have grown more vegetarian friendly than I remember. Yet, a vegetarian meal continues to be a tasteless pile of odd vegetables. What is nice though are the vegetarian entrees as a part of a formula. Practicing vegetarians tend to be more spiritual.
And so my host recently stated with a bit of incredulity: "you are a vegetarian alcoholic!"
Yes indeed I am - happy with my vegetable ravioli and the lovely glass of white wine:) and yes, i do eat cheese please. Love it indeed. No, no meat or fish:)and no am not an alcoholic. I do drink wine, though.
As I found out, that getting into a dialogue about my strange eating habits leads to being allowed to share a formula. Used to be unheard of - but then I am a vegetarian alcoholic. Cannot expect normal sane behavior from one...

No comments:

Post a Comment